For over 2 years RAM Host has been impressing our clients with our high quality low cost virtual dedicated / virtual private VPS / VDS services.
To get started, select your preferred Virtualisation Technology and location.
|OVZ - Atlanta (East USA)||KVM SSD-C - Los Angeles (West USA)|
|OVZ - Germany (Europe)||KVM - England (Europe)|
|KVM SSD-C - Atlanta (East USA)|
Bonus Features Included FREE With All Plans
No Bandwidth Overage Guarantee: We will never charge you for bandwidth overages. If you exceed your bandwidth quota your server will be turned off.If you need more bandwidth in your plan simply contact us anytime for a bandwidth upgrade.
IPv4: all virtual servers include 1 IPv4 address. Additional IPv4 addresses can be provided for $1.49/mo each, however due to the decline in globally available IPv4 space valid justification will be required for all additional IPv4 allocations. If you know you will be needing more than 1 IPv4 please contact us with your request before you place your order.
IPv6: all virtual servers support native IPv6. Each KVM server will be assigned a /112 (65,536 IP's) subnet block. If you can justify more than a /112 we can arrange for larger netblocks for you.
Hosted DNS Service: RAM Host provides all our customers free access to our hosted nameserver cluster consisting of 4 nameservers distributed in 4 different datacenters, enabling our clients to receive industry-leading DNS service for any of the customer's domains, including full control over A, CNAME, and TXT records via a convient web interface.
Semi-Managed Support: includes neworking configuration/troubleshooting, application of security patches/updates (on request), installation of Webmin, Kloxo, or DirectAdmin control panel software (on request). If you need more than that please contact us and tell us exactly what you need and we'll determine if we can help you. Please note that we do not offer fully managed services - if you have no idea how to perform basic tasks yourself on a linux server from the console, then we would suggest you consider our shared hosting services instead.
Differences between OpenVZ and KVM plans
- KVM allows you to use any Linux or *BSD distribution, OpenVZ only allows a few Linux distributions.
- KVM VPS are limited in their future upgradability. OpenVZ VPS's can be upgraded/downgraded on-demand instantly.
- KVM VPS's allow you to run your own custom kernel. OpenVZ VPS's cannot modify the kernel, and certain kernel features like ppp, ipsec, and iptables, may not fully work.
- KVM VPS's can have custom disk partitioning, OpenVZ VPS's store all files in a single partition under /
- KVM VPS's must have their OS insalled/configured. OpenVZ has pre-built images for fast OS reloads.
- Summary: KVM is hardware virtualization, and operates just like a real server. OpenVZ is containerized OS virtualization and is similar to a chroot or jail environment.
Addons / Upgrades / Extras
|Upgrades / Extras (Subject To Availability - Contact Us To Order)|
|Extra IPv4 Address||$1.49 / month, subject to justification|
|DirectAdmin VPS License||$6.49 / mo|
|Custom Plans: RAM Memory, Disk Storage, and/or Data Transfer||Contact Us|