RAM Host requires DMCA notices to be filed via letter or digitally signed email. The complaint must include full contact information in the complaint (including phone number). We may call and verify. Email (unless digitally signed by a verified and trusted third party) is not an acceptable medium for legal complaints.
This paper describes the information that should be included in notices sent to us. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to RAM Host as simple as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent, difficult to understand, and/or verify. The form of notice specified herein is similar to the form suggested by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of the United States (full text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov) however we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well. Incorrectly formatted notices that do not comply with the requirements of the DMCA may be ignored.
Regardless of whether we may or may not be liable for such infringement under your local country law or under United States law, our response(s) to these notices may or may not include removing or suspending access to claimed infringing materials, and/or potentially terminating subscribers. If we disable or suspend access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that they may submit a counter notification. We may also document notices of alleged infringement that we act upon. Please do note that in addition to your request being forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content, a copy of this legal notice may be sent to a third-party which may publish and/or annotate it.
To file a notice of copyright infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by regular mail -- not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.example.com/infringing_page.html") or other information sufficient to adequetly specify the copyrighted work being infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
- If you are sending a large number of URLs in one removal request, please also send an electronic copy of the notice to abuse at ramhost dot us.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit RAM Host to contact you (email address is preferred).
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit RAM Host to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the paper.
Send the written communication to the following address:
Attn: DMCA Complaints
721 Ritchey St
Gainesville, TX 76240
United States of America
Please note that in addition to your notice being forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content, a copy of this legal notice may be sent to a third-party which may publish and/or annotate it.